This is a little dish that I make regularly.
Asazuké is vegetable pickles. It’s fresh and not very fatty, perfect for an aperitif!
A hint of taste of sesame oil and ginger will whet your appetite.
Prepare it in advance (a day before) and it can be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge. A healthy and easy recipe.
• a large Cucumber
For the marinade sauce:
• 1/2 tsp. tablespoon of pureed ginger
• 1/3 tsp. teaspoon of salt
• 1 C. teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 C. tablespoon of sesame oil
• 1 C. tablespoons of rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
• a ziploc type freezer bag
★ The advice point!
Add a carrot for color. You need to cut the carrot into smaller pieces than the cucumbers because it needs more time to marinate.
Instead of carrot you can add Shiokombu (salted seaweed). It’s also a good association!