You too is one of my favorite dishesIzakaya Japanese. (Japanese bar tapas)
These are fried squid with a typical Japanese sauce, you are transported to Japan in an instant.
Enjoy this dish the Japanese way!
Besides, there is a secret to share with you. Follow the steps in this recipe, and with a little ingenuity you can prevent the squid from splashing the oil ;)
300g squid rings
a bit of milk
4 tbsp. tablespoon of flour
2 tbsp. teaspoon of water
salt and pepper
oil for frying
1 C. tablespoon of mayonnaise
Shichimi togarashi (or substitute cayenne pepper)
1. Wash and cut them squid into slices, let them soak in milk for a few minutes (that’s the secret: it gives a layer of milk proteins to the surface of the squid and prevents it from bursting when frying).
2. In the meantime, prepare the liquid dough:
In a salad bowl, mix the egg, flour and water well. Add salt and pepper to it.
3. Drain and dry the squid well with absorbent paper.
Then pass them in the prepared dough then pass them in the breadcrumbs.
4. Fry them in hot oil until golden brown.
5. Serve them in a dish, squeeze lemon juice on top, enjoy them hot with the sauce Shichimi-mayo-shoyu.